Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Gluten Free Gourmet

a couple of weeks ago I received a package from a girl named Julia. Julia is the creator of "Gluten Free Gourmet", a completely gluten free, vegan independent business venture! She sent me a cute little package of samples from her line of products. Since I have a severe nut allergy she sent me some nut free samples to try! Super exciting (especially when the package came when I was having a SERIOUS chocolate craving)



Raspberry Corn Muffins:
SO YUMMY!!! the taste of corn wasn't too over powering, but the sweetness of the raspberries were delightful. I also loved the texture. They were soft and fluffy.. not over cooked... perfection :)









Molasses Maple Cookies with Date Glaze:

These cookies were sweet with a delightful texture. My favorite part was the date glaze. It reminded me of that terrible for you sugary icing, (haha cant help it I used to love the stuff) but this glaze was super healthy and super sweet!!!














Cocoa Carob Cookies:

HOLY GOOD GOD. Julia sent me the other pictures but didn't send me a pic of this delightful decadence. So here is my terrible photo that does it NO justice. All I can say is WOW. This cookie was amazing. I am all about texture (i mentioned it a lot) And it reminded me of a fresh out of the oven cookie (soft and wonderfully fresh) It is wonderfully chocolaty, but not too rich. I hate overly sweet things and this cookie was definitely not that. Ah wonderful!


Ok guys.. so let be real, we all spend way too much money on our gluten free/nut free/ soy free/ vegan etc. products. Here is a girl who is trying to start up a company who need our support! If you are love baked goods that are healthy and made of mostly organic products check out her site... Gluten Free Gourmet.
*Lets help out a fellow vegan who is trying to provide a wonderful product!!!*


<3>












16 comments:

Sarah said...

The molasses maple cookie look so good!

Lauren said...

Julia sent me some stuff as well. I loved those carob cookies!! SOOOO GOOD! Everyone needs to check her stuff out, she is talented!

ChickPea said...

Great products! I love anything carob these days.

Amy said...

Yum! All that looks so awesome! I'd totally buy her stuff if she were a little closer.

Gina said...

Wow, her stuff looks awesome!! Those maple cookies are straight up my alley!

Vegan_Noodle said...

It all looks great!! Especially that muffins but the carob cookie intrigues me... I'm not a carob fan but that cookie looks pretty dang good.

PB and Jess said...

OMG...I would love one of those molasses maple cookies right now!! The carob variety sounds great too!

Unknown said...

That carob cookie is calling my name! YUM

Bianca said...

Yummy! I love the idea of raspberry corn muffins. I know berries and cornmeal go so well together after making Isa's blueberry corn waffles.

FitwithLizzie said...

OH MAN, I am so on that.
Syn, I like your blog (I always wanted to be a dancer)... do you mind if I add you to my blogroll? Let me know if it's a horrifying prospect and I'll remove you posthaste. :-)

Hungry Hungry Dancer said...

Elizabeth,

I would love to be on your blogroll!! For some reason when I click your link it wont let me visit your site.

-Syn

A said...

Those look so yummy!!!!!

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

What a wonderful gift to you from Julia! My mom has Celiac disease, so I appreciate you passing along this info. She'll be happy to know she can order home-baked GF goods online. Thanks!

GF Gidget said...

Hey! I'm hosting my 100th post giveaway. Check it out! Maybe you'll win this time!

Astra Libris said...

I just discovered your beautiful blog, and I'm so glad I did! Thank you for introducing me to these gorgeous, entrepreneurial baked goods...

A@ Please Don't Eat Me! said...

those look so yummy! glad you got to try those out!

A Vegan on STAGE

Navigating my way through a Vegan lifestyle